Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kurt Lightner - Installation shots / branch details





















Kurt Lightner's carved branches

These three works are connected to the large tree project in progress. The branches come from a Box Elder tree cut down on his family farm in Troy Ohio. The carved words are passages from his great-great grandfather's diaries.








Wed. July 31, 1895
2011 Box Elder, 60"
"We finished hauling manure till noon and hauled in all 70 loads then I spread manuere and Charley began to plow in the field north of the house."

Tues.Nov. 6, 1900
2011 Box Elder 60"
"I cleaned out the hen house and hauled one load of stone and 5 of Gravel and the spring and to the stable doors and took off and packed my Bees."













Mon. Jan. 9 - Thurs. Jan. 12, 1899
2011 Box Elder 41"
Mon. Jan 9
"I hauled 2 loads of stone from John Bloughs"
Tues. Jan 10
"I hauled 2 loads of stone."
Wed. Jan 11
"I hauled 2 loads of stone."
Thurs. Jan 12
"I hauled 2 loads of stone."

No comments:

Post a Comment